Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: negative stock transfers

  1. #1
    Inactive Member glasers's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I finnaly shot some 500t negative stock and got some great footage. When my normal tranfer guy tried to transfer it to mini dv it was all blue and he couldn't get a good color corection.

    I scanned some of the footage on my 35mm negative scanner and the color is perfect.

    What are my options?

    Is there soem good software I can buy to do the inversions and color cast removal?

    Is there a reasonably priced lab to send it too?

    Anyone have any luck with negative stock?

    Thanks

    Soren
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm slightly confused. You got some great color by using your 35mm scanner...but????

    I assume you mean it would be too time consuming to go that route.

    Another intriguing question you pose is could your friend do the transfer, even if the color is wrong, but then run it through some kind of real time processing and correct it later.

    I suppose that is possible.

    Before I give information that won't help you, do you need to supervise the transfer or are you comfortable sending it elsewhere?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •